2nd Class Rank
This is the Scout’s second Board of Review. The process should be familiar, unless it has been some time since the Board of Review for Tenderfoot.
Questions should focus on the use of the Scout skills learned for this rank, without retesting these skills. The Board of Review should try to perceive how the Scout’s patrol is functioning, and how this Scout is functioning within his patrol.
Encourage work on the remaining requirements for 1st Class; many of the easier ones may have already been completed.
The approximate time for this Board of Review should be 15-20 minutes.
- How many patrol meetings have you attended in the last 3 months?
- What did your patrol do at its last meeting?
- Tell us about a service project in which you participated.
- Where did you go on your last Troop campout? Did you have a good time? Why?
- Why is it important to be able to identify animals found in your community?
- Tell us about the flag ceremony in which you participated.
- What is in your personal first aid kit?
- What have you learned about handling woods tools (axes, saws, etc.)?
- How are a map of the area and a compass useful on a campout?
- Have you ever done more than one “good turn” in a day? Ask for details.
- Have you earned any merit badges?
- If “Yes”: Which ones? Why did you choose them? Who was your counselor? If “No”: Encourage getting started, and suggest one or two of the easier ones.
- Did you attend summer camp with our Troop last summer?
- If “Yes”: What was your best (worst) experience at summer camp? If “No”: Why not?
- Do you plan to attend summer camp with our Troop next summer?
- If “Yes”: What are you looking forward to doing at summer camp? If “No”: Why not?
- What suggestions do you have for improving our Troop?
- How do you help out at home, church, school?
- What class in school is most challenging for you? Why?
- One of the requirements for Tenderfoot is to participate in a program regarding drug, alcohol and tobacco abuse. Tell us about the program in which you participated.
- How is it possible to live the Scout Oath and Law in your daily life?
- What does it mean to say, “A Scout is Trustworthy”?
- When do you expect to complete the requirements for 1st Class?